Upside-Down Caramel Apple Biscuits
This is a delicious home-style recipe that was entered into and won a bake off contest that Pillsbury put on int 2008. Simply AMAZING.
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 6 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 can (16.3 oz) flaky refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook butter and caramel topping over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and bubbly. Stir in brown sugar and apples. Cook over medium-high heat 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, spray 8 (10-ounce) custard cups or 8 (12-ounce) ramekins with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon pecans in each cup. Spoon about 1/3 cup caramel-apple mixture evenly over pecans in each cup.
- Separate biscuits; gently stretch each biscuit until large enough to cover caramel-apple mixture. Place biscuits on top of caramel-apple mixture in each cup. Place cups on large cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until golden brown. Place cups on cooling rack; cool 5 minutes. Place heatproof serving plate upside down on each cup; carefully turn plate and cup over to remove cakes. Serve warm.
Apple Recipes http://applerecipes.net/