Holland's Best Apple Pancakes
Try this delicious Dutch style Apple Pancake recipe. Sure to impress your family!
Write a review
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, cored and cut into
- 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Preheat an oven to 400ºF. Butter a 10-inch ovenproof braiser or fry pan.
- In another fry pan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter. Add the apple, cinnamon and granulated sugar and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the apple begins to soften and brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, using a whisk, beat the eggs. Add the milk and whisk until blended. Sift the flour and salt into the egg mixture and whisk until just blended. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter. Add the butter to the egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and arrange the apple slices evenly on top. Bake until the pancake is browned and puffed up, 25 to 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Apple Recipes http://applerecipes.net/